The Impact of Self-Review Intervention Method in Reducing Depression Symptoms
Objective: The purpose of this study was to introduce, present, and describe the self-review therapeutic method that was designed and presented by Pourhosein based on Beck's cognitive theory, Islamic philosophy, and the return to Iqbal-e-Lahouri's self-awareness to reduce the symptoms of depression and increase happiness.
Method: In this study in addition to a theoretical and methodological discussion about self-review intervention method browsing, an example of research done in this field is mentioned.
Results: The basic principles of this approach have been based on human integrity with a cognitive approach. The underlying principle in this method is the bareness and consciousness of the human being from the inner and outer features of the self in which as a human being becomes more aware of his internal and external traits and his emotional responses will become more realistic.
Conclusion: This method is presented in a systematic manner, which if goes well, the patients’ consciousness about their self is increased and their symptoms of depression will decrease. In this study, while explaining its theoretical and methodological foundations, some research examples suggest a decrease in these symptoms.
2. Amin Yazdi A. A Study on the Self-Concept in Girls and Boys at the Beginning and End of the Youth. Tehran, Iran: University of Tehran; 1994.
3. Beck AB. Cognitive Therapy and its Problems, . Tehran, Iran: Dorsa; 2001.
4. Dadsetan P. Developmental Abnormal psychology. Tehran, Iran: SAMT; 1997.
5. Pourhosein R. Psychology of the Self. Tehran, Iran: Amir Kabir Publishing; 2004.
6. Safaei Firouzabadi S, Pourhosein R, Gholamali Lavasani M. The effect of self-review method on stress, anxiety and depression symptoms in cardiovascular patients. Quarterly of Psychological Sciences. 2013;12(46):11-20.
7. Pourhosein R, Ezzati N, Gholamali Lavasani M. The Effectiveness of Self-Review on Suicidal Thoughts and Annoyance in Female Adolescent Offenders. Quarterly of Psychological Sciences. 2016;15(57):11-20.
8. Pourhosein R, Sheikhan S, Gholamali Lavasani M. The effectiveness of "self-review method" on increasing happiness and self-esteem in female adolescent offenders. Rooyesh-e Ravanshenasi Monthly. 2014;3(9):67-88.
9. Yaghoubi-rad M, Pourhosein R, Gholamali Lavasani M. The effectiveness of self-review method in improving the quality of life and self-efficacy in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). Journal of Psychology and Health. 2017;1(1):26-35.
10. Khodabandehlou Y, Pourhosein R, Gholamali Lavasani M, Motamed Yeganeh N. The effectiveness of cognitive self-review method on the body image of Tehran University girl students. Quarterly of Psychological Sciences. 2015;14(55):302-20.
11. Bidast F, Pourhosein R. The Impact of Self-Review Therapy on Reducing the Negative Perfectionism and Undeveloped Defense Mechanisms in Female Students in Tehran. The 9th International Congress on Psychotherapy(Asian Summit on Cultural Values); 2016.
12. karami H. Definition and recognition of man from the viewpoint of Mulla Sadra and Karl Jaspers. Tehran, Iran: Office of Papers and Reviews; 2004.
13. Soroush A. Generalities of Iqbal Lahiri's Farsi Poetry. Tehran, Iran: Sanaei Library; 1964.
|Issue||Vol 16 No 1 (2021)|
|Cognitive Approach Depression Happiness Islamic Philosophy Self-Review Self|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|